How Do I Apply?
There are three ways to request a Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing application:
- You may pick one up at Thunder Bay District Social Services Administration Board at 231 May Street South, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1B5 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm weekdays.
- You may also print an application form.
Press the Housing tab on the left side and then press the “applying for social housing” link.
Also, there is an Application Guide available on-line which consists of tips on completing your RGI application and a complete list of documents required with the application.
- If you are unable to do either of these, we are able to mail one to you. Please call Intake & Eligibility at (807) 766-2111 to make these arrangements. If no one is available to answer your call, please leave a voice mail message and someone will get back to you.
Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing is non-emergency in nature. As a result, there tends to be a long waitlist for each housing project. Although we recommend you submit an RGI application as soon as possible, other housing options may need to be pursued. There is a housing list produced weekly at TBDSSAB of market rent units that are available in the city.
Affordable (Market) Applications – Person(s) looking for an affordable (market) application would obtain one by:
- Call (807) 767-2827 and leave name/ address / phone number.
- Email email@example.com with details.
- Complete the application form.
Ask an Expert
Don’t see an answer to your question? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you with your answer.