We are currently seeking a Part-Time PROPERTY MANAGER
The Property Manager is responsible for the efficient operation and in meeting all contract goals and obligations between Suomi Koti of Thunder Bay Inc. and the District of Thunder Bay District Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB) through effective and operational management in accordance with the established policies and requirements of the Housing Services Act (HSA) and Residential Tenancies Act (RTA).
Responsibilities may include:
- Manage the operation and administration of Suomi Koti Inc. within facility budget allocation.
- Tenant lease administration, including wait list management, and tenant selection based on Rent Geared to Income (RGI) or Market Rent calculations.
- Rent collection and arrears resolution management.
- Direct all property management activities including ongoing maintenance, unit preparation.
- Ensure all scheduled on-site, safety-related inspections are performed.
- Logging and filing of daily/weekly/monthly tasks.
- Liaison with vendors and contractors and oversee services performed.
- Preparation of agendas and documentation for Board of Director and Annual General Membership (AGM) meetings.
- Reporting to Suomi Koti Board and TBDSSAB as required/requested.
- Coordinate and oversee public and social events.
- Perform marketing and public relations functions when necessary.
- Minimum two years management experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in Finnish considered an asset.
- Computer skills – MS Office.
- Willing to acquire the needed knowledge currently associated with public housing management in Ontario.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance considered an asset. This would qualify for additional remuneration.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of approximately twenty hours per week (20 hrs/wk), including some evening work.
- Contract fee negotiation subject to experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume by February 4, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at apartment building or mail to Suomi Koti Inc., 527 County Boulevard, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7A 7X9 labeled “Property Manager Position”. Time is of the essence.